First, buy from a company you trust. Look for a provider with significant experience in solving Unisys access and integration problems. If a vendor says they can make DMSII data integration less costly, more efficient, or more dynamic, make sure they have the skill to stand behind those claims.
When evaluating ETL products, you should insist on attributes like these:
- Support for your source and target databases.
- Advanced filtering capabilities.
- Advanced data mapping capabilities.
- Ability to monitor and modify ETL workflow.
- Support for many targets from one source.
Look for a true ETL solution that securely integrates DMSII and non-DMSII data into a secondary system. By moving selected data from the host to a relational databases (or multiple databases), organizations can combine data from several external sources, perform trend analysis, and generate a wide variety of reports for improved decision support.